Saturday, April 19, 2008

Treat me right

So finally gettin' around to some acoustic treatments for the studio. This is to make the rum a bit less "muddy" sounding, and let me better hear what I've recorded and am mixing. Looking mostly at Auralex products, and they actually offer a free service to analyze your room and then advise which of their products to buy. Why not - I'm givin' it a shot, although sketching the studio is taking quite some time 'specillay with my lame handwriting ("measure twice" would be wishful thinking!). Currently workin' Craigslist and Ebay (post if you have some available :-). Next up's gonna be some new monitor speakers - been using Mackie HR824's and while they're fun to listen to, I'm not really hearing what I think I need to - especially with how vocals "sit" in a mix. Considering Adam A7's or Dynaudio BM5a (I think they're called), but wanna do the acoustic treatments first while I still have the HR824's so I'll hear the difference on spkrs I'm used to.

But for now, there's a sidewalk sale with two acoustic guitar's available about to start...gotta go...

No comments: