Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ahead or behind schedule?

So, day 11 [RPM2009], got my songs written and arranged, and drums programmed for 9 of 'em (and expect to complete the last in a few hrs). Last year it took me to day 22 to accomplish this, so I should be happy with this year's progress. Emphesis on "should be", as I'm worried...plan is to start bass parts later this evening but I somehow suspect that Jack and I will end up strapping into the Syracuse/Connecticut game instead (go 'CUSE!). Wouldn't be a big deal but I'm gonna be outta town Fri-Mon and can see the time slipping past (like sands thru the hourglass). Might bring a small mobile setup along for the weekend, but suspect there will be more time spent on that as a technical exercise than an actual recording opportunity so would like to avoid it. But I digress...

I want to be done with all recording on 2/21 or sooner to have PLENTY of time to mix (and master, and do artwork, and...). Figure I still have to record:
  • Bass
  • Acoustic Guitar (rhythm parts)
  • Electric Guitar (rhythm and texture parts)
  • Guitar solos (acoustic and electric)
  • Lead Vocals
  • Background Vocals
  • Keys (Piano/Organ/Synth)
Given this weekend (and President's Day) to record, I'd be in Schaffer City, but I'll be 100 miles away from the gear. Hmmm.

Well, as Pops used to say, this is indeed a "happy problem". Gettin' to make music is such a blast, and RPM is just the best thing to keep me on my toes...now back to the dance.

Rock on!

(Cross-posted to RPMChallenge website: http://www.rpmchallenge.com/component/option,com_mamblog/Itemid,291/task,show/action,view/id,11177/)

No comments: